One of the top questions I am asked is: “How do I find partners and leads in X country”?
While there are several options, LinkedIn is one of my favorites. It really is an invaluable tool for finding leads in another country due to its expansive global network, hosting a vast array of professionals from various industries worldwide.
I use it to find leads and partners for my customers who want to expand to the Nordic countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. But I also use it frequently for finding leads for my own company.
LinkedIn offers targeted search capabilities, enabling precise identification of leads by industry, job title, and location. This specificity is particularly beneficial for targeting a specific country.
Tools like LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator offer advanced functionalities for more precise lead generation. Lastly, the platform’s ease of communication and the ability to gauge potential leads through endorsements add layers of convenience and due diligence in the lead generation process.
To find matching prospects for expanding to a new market using LinkedIn, I follow these essential steps:
1. LinkedIn’s Targeted Search Capabilities:
Utilizing LinkedIn’s advanced search filters, I can target specific industries, job titles, company sizes, and geographic locations relevant to the target market.
This helps in pinpointing leads in the specific country of interest.
Here’s how to do it:
1.Log in to LinkedIn: Start by logging into your LinkedIn account.
2. Access the Search Bar: At the top of your LinkedIn homepage, you’ll find a search bar.
3. Enter Initial Search Terms: Begin by typing in a broad keyword related to your target market, such as the industry name, job title, or company name.
4. Use Advanced Search Filters: After your initial search, LinkedIn will display a list of results. To refine these results, click on the ‘All Filters’ button located near the search bar.
5. Specify Industry and Job Title:
- Industry Filter: Under the ‘Industries’ section, select the industries relevant to your target market. You can choose multiple industries.
- Job Title Filter: Use the ‘Title’ filter to specify the job titles of the individuals who would be your potential leads.
6. Filter by Company Size: If you’re targeting businesses of a certain size, use the ‘Company Size’ filter to select the range that fits your criteria.
7. Geographic Location: Select the ‘Locations’ filter to narrow down your search to a specific country or region. You can add multiple locations if needed.
8. Apply Filters: Once you’ve set all your criteria, click on the ‘Apply’ button to update your search results.
9. Evaluate and Connect: Browse through the filtered results to identify potential leads. Look at profiles to ensure they match your criteria, and then connect with them by sending personalized connection requests.
10. Save Searches: LinkedIn allows you to save search queries. This can be useful for revisiting and monitoring these specific criteria regularly.
2. Networking Opportunities:
I actively participate in LinkedIn groups and community features related to my industry and target country, which are excellent for networking with industry peers and potential customers.
For more nuanced needs, I recommend LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator for deeper insights and more robust search capabilities, significantly enhancing lead generation efforts in specific markets.
Using LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator for more nuanced lead generation involves several key steps to harness its advanced capabilities:
- Subscribe to Sales Navigator: First, you need to subscribe to LinkedIn Sales Navigator. It is a premium tool, so a subscription is required to access its features.
- Set Up Your Account: Once subscribed, set up your Sales Navigator account by specifying your sales preferences. This includes target industries, company size, job functions, and geographic regions.
- Advanced Lead Search: Use Sales Navigator’s advanced search capabilities to find leads. You can filter leads by specific criteria such as geography, industry, company size, job title, and more. This targeted search is more sophisticated than LinkedIn’s basic search.
- Save Leads and Accounts: Sales Navigator allows you to save leads and accounts. This way, you can easily keep track of potential prospects and companies you are interested in.
- Utilize Lead Recommendations: Sales Navigator provides personalized lead recommendations based on your sales preferences and previous interactions on LinkedIn.
- InMail Messages: With Sales Navigator, you get InMail credits that allow you to send messages to LinkedIn members who you aren’t connected with. Craft personalized InMail messages to reach out to potential leads.
- Engagement Alerts: Sales Navigator provides real-time alerts on your saved leads and accounts, such as job changes, company updates, or LinkedIn activity, which can be useful triggers for outreach.
- Use TeamLink: If you have a team subscription, leverage TeamLink to see if any of your team members are connected with your target leads, which can help in getting warm introductions.
- Integrate with CRM: Integrate Sales Navigator with your CRM system to streamline your sales process. This allows for better tracking and management of lead interactions.
- Analyze and Refine: Regularly review the insights and data provided by Sales Navigator to refine your sales strategies and targeting.
In conclusion, LinkedIn stands as an invaluable resource for businesses looking to expand into new markets.
By leveraging its vast global network, advanced search capabilities, and professional context, LinkedIn provides a comprehensive platform for identifying and connecting with potential leads. Tools like Sales Navigator further enhance this experience by offering deeper insights and more targeted search options, making it easier to find highly relevant prospects.
Implementing these strategies can improve your lead generation efforts, helping you to a successful market expansion and long-lasting business partnerships.
Remember, the key to success on LinkedIn lies in building credibility, offering value, and maintaining active engagement with your network.
Learn More About The Topic
I Will Provide Your First 5 Export Lead Proposals
In just 75 minutes, I’ll introduce to you 5 potential partner profiles in your chosen Nordic country.
Booking our meeting kickstarts the search, leading to a 1:1 session where I guide you through initial market research and strategic partner identification.
This isn’t just a consultation; it simplifies your expansion to the Nordic markets, backed by in-depth market expertise and a solid money-back guarantee.